Thursday, December 16, 2004
Hi there.. Just came back from my CCA's Annual Training Camp.. Miss me? Hehe.. Sure not la.. Many things happened in this camp.. At first, I was kind of afraid that I was the Assistant Camp Chief.. It takes great courage of me to take that position. All because my Camp Chief didn't come.. So the Assistant took over and I have to vacant my Freelance Instructor position for the Assistant Camp Chief.. You make and finalise decisions.. One wrong move may affect your campers and even affect you during the Camp Debriefing.. What to do? But, to think of it.. I think that I did a pretty good job for a person like me.. Won't elaborate.. Hehe.. Another thing.. I got my Staff Sergeant just now.. 5 out of 8 NCOs received that rank.. They said that we should work hard for the Station Inspector position.. Ah! I just work as per normal and if they give me, I'll just take.. Hehe..
Day 1:
Came at 7.15 to do the final preparation.. Help with one of the games that will be played later during the day.. But then, I woke up late on that day.. Overslept.. But luckily, my mom waked me up and I packed my bag the previous day.. I shouldn't be late.. Must set an example to all seniors and camper..She told me to take a taxi but then, I just took a bus.. Luckily reached school on time.. Hehe.. Assembled at the parade square.. Do some admin stuff..Then, they had barrack cleaning followed by Barrack Inspection.. Then they were off to play some initiative and team building games as a warm-up.. As the A. Camp Chief.. I just looked around and help the others.. OK la.. At that point in time, everything was going on smoothly.. We just have to be on schedule and not to be late.. Then, it was lunch. The Quarter Master realised that the heater for cooking wasn't working.. So, no Maggi for the seniors and NCOs.. Then, our OC allowed the seniors to eat the canteen food.. I was quite sad la.. Not a good thing to do in front of the juniors.. It's a camp.. But what to do.. Have to.. :( Then, they got CRC.. But at that time, I need to go East Coast Park to do the pasting of clues of Land Expedition.. Missed it entirely.. So.. No photo.. Then it was dinner followed ny this game called Salvage Commando... Some game la.. It was really dark then.. After that, I think it's supper followed by lights-out.. At 10.45 pm.. But I got sentry duty.. I took charge of sentry duty.. Made sure that 6 campers report to me every hour.. So, I slept at 4am and woke up at 5.20am the next.. Oh.. I mean the same day.. Hehe..
Day2:
Woke up at 5.20 in the canteen as I slept at there.. Thought of sleeping in the open.. The stars so nice.. Ah! Before I slept, I bathed.. So COLD!! Hehe.. Continue with the activities, it was PT followed by PT Competition.. Do as many as possible push-ups, sit-ups and so on.. Then, it was breakfast.. I took some Milo and biscuits only..After that.. I was off East Coast Park to do the final thing for Land Ex.. It was ok I thought.. One of the major activities.. One of the barrack finished all the clues.. Thats good.. During the Land Ex.. I cycled a lot until my butt hurts.. Really hurts.. To be true, for the past 3 days.. I have been cycling.. Wow! That hurts.. Hehe.. Then, then they had lunch.. I had to do a lot of stuff for the Campfire.. Did the pioneering.. A very high and heavy one.. Then, it was campfire.. No comment for the campfire.. That night no sentry but got the tradition.. "Coping" .. Hehe.. Go inside a barrack without shoes and come out with shoes.. Morning, report attendance, without shoes.. Very funny.. Hehe.. Oh ya forgotten something.. After campfire got nightwalk.. Didn't know whether it was scary or not.. Because erm.. Not elaborating.. And the debriefing for the day.. As usual, shouted and scolded.. Feel bad one.. Then, I slept at 4.00am.. Woke up at 5.30am for PT.. Aiya..
Day 3:
Got PT followed by breakfast.. Normal stuff.. Then, it was packing of their bags followed by tug-of-war.. NCOs lost!! Not fair.. We were from the potential squad and were known for being so strong.. Doing push-upsss.. Did 300 over pull-ups.. But we lost to seniors.. We didn't know why.. Maybe, the campers were supporting the seniors rather than NCOs.. Then, the seniors lined themselves beside us and when the game started, they threw water bomb at us.. The ground was slippery.. We lost.. Twice.. Actually. even the ground is dry.. We CANNOT win.. Not strong enough to pull the weight caused by oversized seniors.. Aiya.. *Shame on you*.. Hehe.. Later giving out of prizes and can go home.. Got area cleaning also..
PS: Actually, this is the summarised form.. Got a lot more to tell.. Bit very tired to type.. Hehe..
Here are some pictures taken during the camp..
On the left is Derrick,the supposedly the Camp Chief(CC).. But he was sick.. So pity him la.. He came to submit the consent forms before he went back..Thanks to him, I'm the ACC..
The cooking gang.. Cooked in a big pot with three stove.. I'm told not to tell you the taste of the Maggi..
Campers falling in on the first day.. At 8am..
ACC at the 7th level of my school.. Very nice right? Of course the background la.. Hehe.. Can see the sea..
Thats barrack Two
Me during erm, breakfast or dinner.. Forgot la.. I think it is dinner.. Oh ya! It's supper..
Me and the seniors in our barrack.. Very untidy and dirty on the last day!! Hehe.. Thats the first day!
The campfire!! Very hot when you sit beside it..
zul scribbled at;
1:48 PM