Sunday, December 17, 2006
MP's visit
It was raining and cold this morning. A knock on the gate and my mom was greeted with a smile. It was the MP, Mr Zainul Abidin. He was here to have a "meet-the people" session. It was a house to house visit on a Sunday morning. I think his purpose is to be informed of the general well being of the residents in Eunos Ville.
The usual question as I have expected is the sort of question like "How's everything here?" My mom replied, "Everything here is great, that's why we shifted from the 4th floor to the 9th floor." A laugh followed. But it was really the truth. My family did shift to a higher level. We wanted a bigger flat but we love the environment here. So, we've decided to move up. How wonderful is that? I should be grateful. It's because we could have landed up somewhere in the west area and my school would not be VS and MJC. Thank God.
They carried on talking. It is pretty awkward to talk to the MP with all the RC committee members staring at you and writing all the things you said. But nonetheless, the expected topic that have been brought up in the conversation was the LUP. We want the LUP to be implemented and so do the other residents. Not only my block was one of the few that were built earlier, but the fact that i have to walt past almost 8 blocks of flat everyday makes it a more concrete reason for the implementation of LUP. Give me a direct lift access to my flat, I'm tired after walking those distance. They said it has been considered and it is a matter of time. We'll wait.
I really appreciate the fact that the MP himself came down and asked how we were doing. The visit might be short but considering the number of flats he had to visit, it should take almost a full day. Plus, it is a Sunday. So, great thanks! (:
Before he, i mean they, left, he asked how my mother's children, aka my sibling were doing. He asked my mum to send his regards to us and he hope that we will study vey hard. I think it was nice of him.
Speaking of which, did you realise why he sent his regards to us (mum's children)?It's because I was still asleep was the MP came. Ohwells. I missed the chance to see and talk to the MP. Wahaha.
Oh yar. I dont think I would be finishing my Maths Assignment. It is really a lot. 24 pages. I want to enjoy my last December holiday as a student.
Till here. Im off.
zul scribbled at;
11:37 AM